The Greek Orthodox Church of the Holy Trinity at 30 Race Street opened in 1953 replacing the first Greek Orthodox church in South Carolina which was built in 1911. The church was designed by Harold Tatum in traditional Byzantine style as per the direction of Archbishop Michael of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of North and South America. The icons in the church are by Photios Kontoglou of Athens, Greece. The central dome was designed and constructed by the Guastavino Company of Woburn, Massachusetts. The church is a masterpiece of Byzantine art and architecture in the Western Hemisphere.
- Retailer or Service Provider
Please login to view all listing details!