Let’s be real… no one needs more stuff. Although the newest clothes, games, gadgets, or accessories seem exciting, these types of gifts will eventually end up at the bottom of a closet or drawer as clutter. So, don’t just buy your loved ones temporary happiness; Buy them the gift of everlasting memories, quality family time, and fun! What’s even better is that we have TWELVE different ideas below for you, so the only hassle you’ll have is choosing what gift to give with all of these great options.
1. Charleston Zipline Adventures
It’s as easy as a couple of clicks! All you have to do is select the amount and the desired activity… yes, we really made it that easy for you to give the gift of the season. Choose from activities like our Zip Line Canopy Tour, Koala Kid Zip, and our Kid Zip and Rock Climbing Summer Camp. There’s truly something for every adventurer no matter how big, small, young, or old. This is a perfect gift for families to spend time together!
Purchase a Gift Card http://bit.ly/chsziplinegift
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/charlestonziplineadventures/
2. Nature Adventures on Shem Creek
Nature Adventures truly has an option for every type of adventurer! They offer kayak rentals, paddleboard rentals, kayak tours, group kayak tours, team building group sessions, lessons, and so much more. Don’t know what specific activity your loved one would like the most? No worries, you don’t need to! You can just buy a gift voucher that’s applicable to any and every service. If your loved one is already a kayaking-enthusiast, then check out their website for sale items including used SUP and Sea Kayaks. These would make the perfect present without breaking the bank!
3. Coastal Expeditions Sea Kayaking Trip
These trips are the perfect way to see a whole new side of Charleston. Whether you’re giving this to a local resident or a visiting loved one, there’s no better way to immerse yourself in the beauty of our city! Filter your search by time (all day, a few hours, multiday), what you want to see on your tour (sunrises, marine life, birds, etc.), and where you would like to go (Shem Creek, the Kiawah River, Bulls Island, Blackwater, or Isle of Palms) to find the trip or tour that best suits your loved one.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/coastal.expeditions/
4. Barrier Island Ecotours
Here’s yet another way to experience Charleston and it’s amazing wildlife. Choose from experiences like a sunset dolphin cruise, the Capers Island Wildlife Exploration Tour, the Blue Crabbing Excursion, a public Lowcountry beachside cookout, or their Marine Biology Day Camp. This is your chance to come close to all of the wildlife that share our beautiful home!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/barrierislandecotours/
5. Birds of Prey Avian Center Passes
Eagles and falcons and hawks...oh my!! With over 50 different species of birds, there will never be a dull moment during your visit. Booking a visit for your loved ones over just allowing them to go on their own time would give them the benefits of guided tour options and flight demonstrations led by an expert. This is a great educational opportunity for both kids and adults to share. Trust us when we say that it’s an experience that you truly won’t want to miss out on!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/scbirdsofprey/
6. Charleston Outdoor Adventures Fishing Charter
What’s better than relaxing on the water on a nice Charleston day? Relaxing on the water with your loved ones on a nice Charleston day! Charter a private outing, fish the creeks, or choose a family fun option if you have younger adventurers in the family. No matter what you choose, unplugging from the outside world and spending time out on the water is absolutely priceless in our eyes!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CharlestonOutdoorAdventures/
Gift Experiences for the Kids that the Parents will LOVE
7. Birthday Party Package at the Children’s Favorite Spot. Make sure it’s somewhere the parents enjoy too!
8. Camps. Summer camps can be expensive for parents especially if they need childcare all summer long. As a parent, I would absolutely love for someone to give our children a week of summer camp!
9. SC Aquarium Membership/Passes. Grab your loved ones and enjoy the amazing plants and animals that live in exhibits like the Zucker Family Sea Turtle Recovery, the touch tank, and the 385,000-gallon Great Ocean Tank!
10. Children’s Museum Membership/Passes. This is the perfect rainy day escape that’s not only educational but also interactive and fun!
11. Music Lessons, Horseback riding lessons, Karate Lessons, etc. Whether your loved ones want to grow up to be a ballerina, a professional athlete, or the next Beyonce, give them lessons that will allow them to learn more about what they love the most!
12. Charleston County Parks Water Park Pass. Although it’s cool now, the Charleston heat is quickly approaching. There’s no better way to cool off than a day at the waterpark with your family and friends!