What are some of the things you just have to do when you're in Charleston? Here are some of ours:
- Get on the water.
- Find the best shrimp and grits in town.
- It’s a food city, try something different!
- Run up the steps of the Customs House -- but maybe not right after eating...
- Go to the beach.
- Shop (or window shop) on King Street.
- Walk along the Battery.
- Visit a historic home like the Calhoun Mansion or the Nathaniel-Russell House
- Take a ghost tour.
- Walk the Ravenel Bridge.
- Visit Dock Street Theatre, the oldest theatre in America.
- See where it all started at Charles Towne Landing.
- Find Bill Murray (might be a long shot).
- Talk to a sweetgrass basket weaver at the City Market.
- Taste local tea at Charleston Tea Plantation.
- Learn the Shag (South Carolina’s state dance -- a relative to swing dancing).
- Have a drink at a rooftop bar and see the city from a different perspective.
- Enjoy the weather and live our trip to Charleston to the fullest.
What are some things on YOUR Charleston Bucket List? Let us know on Facebook @VisitCharlestonSC or on Instagram @visit_charleston_sc with the hashtags: #yourcharleston #bucketlist or simply #charlestonbucketlist.